The Karnataka State Open University has been recognized by the following well-known organization:
•Recognized by Distance Education Council(DEC), UGC, New Delhi. till the academic year 2012-13.
•UGC has discontinued recognition to programmes offered by KSOU beyond 2012-13 as per the public notice 16 th June 2015 from UGC.
• Admissions will not be made for any programmes until further notification.
• The University will not be held responsible in case, if the students taking admission despite of clear instructions not to join any course until further notification.
• Regular member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), Delhi,
• Permanent member of Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) London UK,
• Asian Association of Open Universities (AAOU), Beijing, China,
• And also has association with Commonwealth of Learning (COL).
National – International Recognition
• Karnataka State Open University (KSOU) was established on 1st June 1996 with the assent of His Excellency Honorable Governor of Karnataka as a full fledged University in the academic year 1996 vide Government notification no ED 1 UOV 95 dated 12th February 1996 (KSOU Act – 1992). The act was promulgated with the object to incorporate an Open University at the State level for the introduction and promotion of Open University and Distance Education systems in the education pattern of the State and for the Co-ordination and determination of standard of such systems.
• Distance Education Council (DEC), New Delhi, has accorded recognition to Karnataka State Open University, Mysore for offering Programmes / Courses approved by the Statutory bodies of the University. Karnataka State Open University is a recognized University of Distance Education Council under the aegis of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) (Revised notification F. No. DEC/OU/Recog./2008).
• Karnataka State Open University is a regular member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi since 1999 (No. EV/11(80)/99/203935-4172).
• Karnataka State Open University is a permanent member of Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), London, United Kingdom since 1999. Its member code is: ZKASOPENUINI.
• Karnataka State Open University is a permanent member of Asian Association of Open Universities (AAOU), Beijing, China since 1999.
• Karnataka State Open University has association with Commonwealth of Learning (COL), Vancouver, Canada since 2003. COL is an intergovernmental organization created by Commonwealth Heads of Government to encourage the development and sharing of open learning / distance education knowledge, resources and technologies.
• Recognition Policy of DEC (Distance Education Council)